Last updated March 31, 2022
(2) Collection of Personal Information.
We collect one or more data types in the following categories of personal information:
- Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, or other similar identifiers.
- Any categories of personal data such as physical address and telephone number.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, and information regarding your interaction with the Site.
We may collect, use, or share this information for the following purposes:
- to communicate with you;
- to comply with local, state, and federal laws and regulatory requirements; and
- to analyze use of the Site, diagnose problems with the Site, and administer the Site.
More specifically, we collect the following types of information from the Site and from you:
Information You Provide
If you send electronic mail messages to us, contact us through the Site, or call us on the phone:
- we may retain the personal information you provide to us, including your name, email address, physical address and telephone number.
We will use your personal information to:
- communicate with you;
- respond to your inquiry or other feedback you submit;
- improve our Site to you and other customers; and
- track the inquiries we receive.
Information Collected Automatically
As you navigate the Site, we may automatically collect and store the following information about your visit:
- Your IP address;
- Your device identifier;
- Your internet-service provider’s name;
- Browser type and language;
- Operating system;
- Session identification number;
- Search terms, search results; and
- Online browsing data or “clickstream data” (e.g., date and time of access to the Site, referring website address, pages viewed, features used, links clicked, and other actions you take in connection with the Site)
We use this information, which remains in aggregate form, for:
- statistical analysis of Site visitors’ navigation across the Site;
- product development;
- content improvement; and
- customizing content and layout of the Site.
We may also use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our servers, and to administer the Site.
We or third parties may place internet cookies on your hard drive. When you revisit the Site, we may recognize you by the internet cookie and customize your experience accordingly. These internet cookies are stored on your hard drive and are not stored, in any form, by us. You may decline the internet cookie by using the appropriate feature of your browser, if available. You can find more information about cookies and how they work at https://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
Additional Uses of Personal Information
We may also use information to detect and prevent fraud and protect the security and integrity of the Site and the Services and our systems, to protect our legal rights and those of our Site visitors, employees or others, and to comply with our legal obligations or to respond to law enforcement or legal and regulatory inquiries or requests or legal proceedings.
(3) Disclosure of Personal Information.
- Service Providers. From time to time, we may employ companies and individuals to perform certain services on our behalf including operating the Site and its features, tracking the Site’s activities and analytics, detecting and preventing fraud, and enabling us to send you communications. These third-party service providers may have access to personal information, but only to the extent required to perform their assigned roles and provide services to us.
- Intra-Company Transfers. We may share personal information with our sister and parent entities for business operations.
- Compliance with Law. We may release personal information about you if we believe such a release is necessary to comply with the law or in response to a subpoena or other legal process or obligation.
(4) Your Choices. You can choose not to give us personal information we request but in some cases, you may not be able to access all functionality of the Site, access our Services or receive a response to your request without certain information. You may opt out of having your personal information retained by us or used by us by contacting us. To exercise your choices, you may contact us at Marathon Petroleum Company LP, Customer Relations, 539 South Main Street, Findlay, OH 45840, 1-866-462-7284, or [email protected].
(5) Collection of Personal Information from Children. The Services are not intended for use by children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect or solicit any personal information from children under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to register for an online account. Should we learn that someone under the age of 18 has provided any personal information through the Site or the Services, we will remove that information as soon as possible.
(8) Notices to Residents Outside the United States. If you do not reside in the United States and provide personal data to us, please note that your personal information will be transferred, processed, collected, used, accessed and/or stored in the United States and subject to U.S. laws. The laws in the United States may not provide the same protections for your personal information as the jurisdiction in which you are located. Do not provide your personal information to us if you do not want this information to be transferred or processed outside of your country, or if the laws in your country restrict such transfers.
(9) Security. We work to protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction by maintaining reasonable and appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards to protect personal information.
(11) Do-Not-Track & Third Party Tracking Disclosures: Some websites have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. The Site does not currently respond to browser-based “do not track” signals. To learn more about your choices regarding this type of data collection or to opt-out of interest-based advertising by members of the NAI or the DAA, please visit https://www.aboutads.info/choices.
(12) California Residents. The information included in this section applies to residents of California
Collection of Personal Information.
- Section (2), Collection and Use of Personal Information: Categories of personal information we collected the sources from which personal information was collected, and our business or commercial purposes for collecting personal information
- Section (3), Disclosure of Personal Information: Third parties with whom we shared personal information
Your Rights and Choices.
If you are a California resident, you have the right to:
- Ask us to send you the following information:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which we collected the personal information.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information.
- The specific pieces of person information we have collected about you.
- Ask us to delete the personal information we have collected from you.
To exercise the rights outlined above with respect to your personal information, you may submit a request at Marathon Petroleum Company LP, Customer Relations, 539 South Main Street, Findlay, OH 45840, or [email protected]. If you prefer to talk to someone on the phone, or you have a disability or situation that makes it difficult to submit your requests as described above, you may call 1-866-462-7284. For any written request please include “CCPA” in your notice. We do not discriminate against California consumers who exercise their rights under the CCPA.
Under California law, your request to know or delete your information must be verifiable. This means we will need to verify your identity before processing your request. If we cannot verify your request, we will not disclose or delete any personal information in response to your request.
In order to verify your identity, we need the following when you submit a request:
- Contact information (such as name, email, phone number, and address); and
- An indication of your prior contact with Marathon (such as status as participation in a focus group or survey, prior contact with customer service, or other contact)
We do not discriminate against California consumers who exercise their rights under the CCPA.
You may submit a request to know or delete through an authorized agent. To process a request from an authorized agent, we will need one of the following:
- A copy of your signed permission authorizing the agent to make the request;
- That you verify your identity directly with us; or
- Direct confirmation that you provided the agent permission to submit the request